Necronomicon Dissection: Part 5, Sunday

Sunday was a short day in terms of scheduling, but I did make it to the Chaosium Panel: Favourite Scenarios in the morning. I'm not sure that any of the scenarios metioned were a surprise to anyone in the audience, in fact there was only 1 I had not heard of. here are the members of the panel with the scenario they chose to highlight as their favourites:

Christopher Smith Adair: Sacrements of Fear
Badger McInnes: Grace Under Pressure
Chad Bouchard: Paper Chase
Paul Fricker: Unhealthy Occupation (Unspeakable Oath 14/15)
Mike Mason gave the honorable mentions to Bad Moon Rising, Dead Light and Mr Corbitt.

Of these, the only one I hadn't heard of was the one Paul spoke of, but I have been looking into them all as options to run in the future.

As this was the last day of the Con, I had initially thought to do the walking tour, but decided at the last minute to do the morning stuff at the con, then go round and take a few more pictures in town. Unfortunately, both the John Hay Library, which had an exhibit of Lovecraft's papers on display, and the Providence Anthanaeum were both closed on Sunday, so I only got photographs of the outside. This of course does mean I have things to do that I need to go back to Providence for!

The last event of the con for Kris and I was a game of Cogs, Cakes and Cthulhu. A slightly re-purposed game of Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks, run by the game's author, Lynne Hardy. I think this may have been the best game of the weekend, although Dan's Myanmar adventure ran it a very close second place. After that, there was nothing more to do than take the long drive home. Also at the table, Brain Courtemanche, writer of the Genius Loci scenario which appeared in Doors to DarknessSurvival tally +1! Ending on a high.

Adventure Tally
Death: 4
Survival: 2
Unsure: 1

Alright, so I died more than I lived, and I had most fun in the games where I died. That about says it all from a Call of Cthulhu gaming perspective I think.

There's one last post like this to come, with the small pile of loot from the Con.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022