RPG a Day: Day 13


Question 13: Describe a game experience that changed how you play?

There have been a few. One of the biggest changed to my play style is easy to trace though, and it came with the simple act of changing gaming group.

For most of my life, I gamed with my brother and school friends, in a group that to my knowledge, still gets together weekly to game. We grew up together, and evolved together through many years of gaming, and playing certain games. However, there were certain tropes and styles that we stuck to, as that was how we did things. I'm not saying we were static, just comfortable.

The biggest change for me was moving through to Edinburgh, and joining GEAS. This exposed me to much more different ways to play games. I think the biggest change for me was allowing myself to become more immersed in my character, no matter which character. This immersion was allowed, and indeed encouraged in the GEAS crowd, without scorn or embarrassment. I loved that, and still aim for this immersion in my games today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022