RPG a Day: Day 8


Question 8: What is a good RPG to play for 2 hrs or less?


I dunno, I've never played for that short a time. In answer, any game where the story that is being told, is told to completion and satisfaction in that time.

Its like a short story, what tales can be told in shorty story format? Answer, any genre, as long as it's told well. However, the skills for short story writing are completely different than for a novel, and someone who tends to run sprawling interlinked sandbox campaigns (i.e. me) isn't necessarily equipped to run a game in 2 hrs. However, I would like to try.

In terms of game system, there are some games that would work better than others, and some games where you certainly wouldn't get to see all the mechanics in use, but I can't think of a game system you couldn't use for a short session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022