RPG a Day: Day 15


Question 15: Which RPG do you enjoy adapting the most?


I'm not really sure what this question is getting at. Does it mean adapting a system to fit another background, or time period? If that is the case then I guess it would depend on the background or story I was trying to tell, and then I'd find a rules set that would best fit the tale I want to tell.

In the past, I may have used generic games systems to do this, such as GURPS, or the like, but these are not so fashionable in a day where people are building mechanics specific to the type of story, or core activity that the people at the table want to engage in.

If it means do I adapt rules, and make houserules? Well, if that is the question, then I don't really do that at all. Not with RPGs, wargames moreso. I sometimes play fast and loose with rules, adapting them to particular situations, or I forget what a rule is, and make something up on the fly to keep the game flowing, but that is the case for most games, even rules sets I know well.

So how to answer? I guess I don't adapt RPGs that much at all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022